|Message ||Hi all,
I came here because I was sent a link to a post about female circumcision. I stayed to read the posts out of curiosity.
I personally abhor all religions (that I have heard of) as I feel they are ALL divisive, racist, expansionist and supressive of human rights in general but especially suppresive of women.
NOTHING on this site has led me to believe otherwise.
But Islam is by far the worst. I have read the Koran and I was personally sickened. Most passages in that book fall in to one of the following catagories:
1) denouncement of the Jews,
2) denouncement of other religions in general (including atheists)
3) instructions about fighting/killing/destroying "infidels", "unbelievers", oh and the Jews
4) statements about the general inferiority of women
5) descriptions of hideous punishments that are straight out of the middle ages
One poster on this site said people should not take statements out of the Koran literally, that they must be explained by the clerics. This I do not accept. The word is the word or it is not. It comes from God or it does not. And HONEST religious people will tell you that there is nothing up for discussion. That is the nature of religion. Do as the book says or burn in hell forever.
If you want to know what Islam is all about (or any other religion for that matter), all you have to do is read the book.